In 2007 Wes transitioned the skills he had developed over two decades in electrical power and lighting design, construction project management, and technical writing. He went to work with Henry & Munroe LLC, a Kalispell, MT, based angel investment group in a joint venture with VSA Capital Limited of London, England. The venture soon fell victim to economic realities, but from relationships made during his tenure came the 2010 ghostwriting assignment which became the collaboration resulting in “Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics.” The book was published in December 2011 by John Wiley & Sons and is available on Amazon.
One reviewer described Economic Warfare a “the best book that nobody ever read on American economic history.” It is being used as required reading in the American history and Economics programs of at least two major universities in the United States and has led to other writing projects for Wes. The book may also be purchased directly from the publisher.
Wesley then took on a ghostwriting project, “Market Discipline” by William J. Ferguson. This book was published by the Real Property Association of Canada (REALpac). It profiles several of Canada’s top commercial real estate developers, revealing the leadership principles upon which they have built their successful careers. The book may be purchased online from REALpac.
John Wiley & Sons Publishers recently published Wesley’s latest collaboration, “The Little Book of Venture Capital Investing” with Lou Gerken of Gerken Capital Associates. The book reveals the process of this often misunderstood but critically important financing vehicle in plain language. It is currently available through Amazon and at a Barnes & Noble near you. The Kindle version is also available.
Besides writing books, Wes also produces quality white papers, articles, and reports.
During his tenure with Henry & Munroe LLC of Kalispell, MT, Wes was instrumental in organizing the company and served as Secretary to the Board of Managers. His duties included writing, reviewing and editing business and marketing plans for entrepreneurs and startups seeking capital funding; performing due diligence and preparing entrepreneurs for funding presentations. Projects included:
- GluLam International, Inc. (Kalispell, MT)
- Georgia Monorail Consortium (Marietta, GA)
- SPR Technologies, Inc. (Kennesaw, GA)
- Avery-Morgan Group, Inc. (Cahuita, Costa Rica)
- Rio Plata Mining & Development (Tombstone, AZ)
- Eastern Empire Mine (Pima County, AZ)
- Grasshopper Creek Mining Company (Beaverhead County, MT)
- Ionic Water Technologies, Inc. (Reno, NV)
- Bella Terra Development (Sedona, AZ)
- Clean Water Technologies Group (Kennesaw, GA)
- Signal Advance, Inc. (Houston, TX)
- Coal America (Hartford, AR)
- Black Sands Exploration, Inc. (Vernal, UT)
Wes started his business writing career in the 1980s and 1990s by producing the Articles of Incorporation, bylaws and public relations material for several 501(c)3 non-profit organizations, including
- Greater Flint Ballet Theatre (Flint, MI)
- Peachtree Festival Ballet (Roswell, GA)
- Heritage Ballet (Midland, MI)
- The original Flint Ballet Theatre (Flint, MI)
Wes has been a member of Toastmasters International since 2006. He has written numerous speeches, given speeches, and mentored/coached speakers.